Piercing the Clouds: Emerging Opportunities in Cloud Computing
Brought to you by our Premium Season Sponsor: Savvis
Cloud computing represents a tectonic shift of the role IT plays in business decision making. However, like any disruptive technology changes in the past, cloud computing brings as many opportunities as uncertainties. Who are the players? Which ones have taken the leap, and what have they learned so far? What are the latest cloud computing trends and pitfalls?
Join us on September 22, 2010 as MITEF NW kicks off the season with its first Enterprise Forum event – Piercing the Clouds: Emerging Opportunities in Cloud Computing. Our dynamic panel of industry experts, senior executives, and entrepreneurial heavyweights will share their experiences, perspectives and outlooks on this hot technology topic, including:
- Cloud computing – Hype or here to stay?
- The Use Cases: What Is Proven, What Is New?
- The bottom line – Who is making money on the cloud?
- Getting burned – Perils and pitfalls of being a cloud pioneer.
* What questions would you like to ask the panelists? Please tell us here.
Presenting company: Real Networks, Inc.
- Chee Chew – Director of Engineering, Google, Inc.
- Peter Cohen – Director, Corporate Development, Amazon Web Services
- Prashant Ketkar – Director of Product Marketing, Windows Azure, Microsoft Corporation
- Tim Porter – Partner, Madrona Venture Group
- Hank Skorny – Architect, Real Networks, Inc.
For partnership or sponsorship opportunities: Please contact Fortunato Vega at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should attend: Entrepreneurs, investors, business people, professionals, executives and students
Location: Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI). Click here for directions. Complimentary parking is available outside the venue.
- 5:00 - 6:30 pm – Networking / cash bar / hors d’oeuvres
- 6:30 - 8:00 pm – Panel discussion
- 8:00 - 8:15 pm – Q&A